- Not everyone is going to like your music – but fuck em. They don’t have to.
- A good pair of Converse will get you a LONG way.
- Always tie up your docs extra tight, and wear bandaids on your heels if it’s been a while.
- Make the first move, ESPECIALLY if you’re a girl. Boys these days aren’t as tough as they seem.
- Everyone wants friends, but doesn’t mean they’ll go to the effort to stay as one of yours.
- If you think someone is cool, ask them out for coffee. It’s surprisingly not that hard to make friends when you share common ground, even if you are complete strangers.
- Stop expecting things to be like they are in the books and movies. Refer back to THAT scene in 500 Days of Summer when necessary.
- Sometimes the girls you didn’t know in school become some of the best ones you know as an adult.
- Never regret buying art.
- There is no greater feeling than seeing your favourite band play your favourite song live.
- It’s important to have girlfriends, but seriously hard to find good ones. But don’t give up looking, because they probably live in Brisbane.
- Attending Groovin the Moo is one of the few traditions that I actually have (aside from watching Love Actually at Christmas time, of course).
- Sitting at a desk/table with a cup of tea and a nice candle burning will instantly make you feel more motivated.
- NEVER give away that band shirt that you once really liked, because you’re guaranteed to fall in love with it again later on in life.
- Boys shirts are always better.
- Watercolour painting and listening to music is very therapeutic.
- Sometimes you’ve just gotta get in your car and drive.
- Fisherman’s caps are great for all occasions.
- Be friends with people who encourage your creativity.
- Really LISTEN to what children say – they are actually the most fascinating people you’ll ever meet.
- If you ever feel cranky or pissed off with your partner, just take a pause and hug each other PROPERLY. It’s crazy what a good hug does to your mood.
- Loving yourself doesn’t just happen straight away; so don’t feel bad about making splurges on clothing that makes you feel good, because every little bit of self-confidence helps.
I like these so much, I think I’ll stick them on the wall.
Till next time,